|MONTGOMERY MAINTENANCE BUILDING
City of Philadelphia
Capital Programs Office
Formerly known as the Trolley Car Barn and Power House, the Montgomery Maintenance Building was constructed in 1896. The brick structure was built by William Wharton, Jr., as part of a 50-year concession to operate the Fairmount Park Gravity Passenger Railway in 1896. The trolley cars were parked and repaired in the car barn up until the 1940s when the trolley service ended in the Park.
Selecting an appropriate asphalt shingle product to replace the deteriorated slate roofing and specifying the proper metal flashings and drainage system.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
Listed on the local register of historic properties within the Fairmount Park system.