The Peale House, located on the campus of LaSalle University, is an historic farmhouse that has been renovated by various owners over the course of its existence.
We were initially retained to evaluate and assess the existing entry porch in order to determine its historic integrity and condition.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
- Inspect the property, evaluate its condition, and develop one of more schemes for remediation.
- Provide a narrative report of all finding, including a summary of the repair and/or replacement options, and estimates of the respective costs.
- We found that the porch had been modified and repaired several times and that very little original historic material was left.
- We recommended reconstruction of the porch as the most appropriate option.
- We provided the Design Documents to reconstruct the deteriorated portions of the porch to match the existing.